I am currently studying: TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDERS.
- Signs of TMD include:
- Pain around your jaw, ear and temple
- Clicking, popping or grinding noises when you move your jaw
- A headache around your temples
- Difficulty opening your mouth fully
- Your jaw locking when you open your mouth
The pain may be worse when chewing and when you feel stressed.
TMD can also stop you getting a good night’s sleep.
People with TMD have also reported having tinnitus, migraines, ear problems, throat problems and visual disturbances. These are usually checked by the relevant medical practitioner and then they may seek alternative therapy when an answer has not been found.